Friday, July 20, 2007

There is nothing more comforting than holding a baby, nothing greater at putting at least that moment in perspective for you.


I am, I confess, quite unsettled about starting this new job. It is really not enough money. It is not really a place where you can climb up the career ladder. It is really not something I have even done before (the communications yes, the recruitment no). My new boss has gone around telling everyone how wonderful I am. I am hesitant to show up in 3 days, hesitant because I might fail again, hesitant because I might not be able to rise to her expectations, hesitant because I wonder just who she saw during our three meetings. I am sure it wasn't me.


There is nothing more comforting than holding a baby, nothing greater at putting at least that moment in perspective for you.

No comments: