Monday, August 27, 2007

I am a glutton.

Wish I were not.

Need to work on this.

~~~~
I had a gift card to Target, so I have been using it strictly for groceries. Since I was nearing the end of its value, I decided to treat myself to a few non-essential items: Parmesan Sour Dough Twists; White Chocolate Filled Lemon Crisp Wafers; Herb Cheese Filled Crackers, and Strawberry Fruit bites. All of these were items that I could have as an afternoon snack after my protein-bar-and-milk lunches. I also found a 34 cents box of Mac & Cheese.

Well, the Mac & Cheese is completely gone and I have tasted all the special items. One chance at otherwise than the monotonous food that I have been eating for over a year and I spend an entire evening grazing like a starving bovine.

ARGH!

~~~~
I also used the last of the card to buy Kashi a new "baby": an over-sized stuffed bumble bee. He was beside himself all evening. Such joy this puppy dog brings to my life!

2 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

Is this the bumble bee that Amos now plays with?

Myrtle said...

Yep, it is! When Kashi died, I gave away all of his babies (he had over 3 dozen), except for his bumble bee, lady bug, hippo, and flower because they were special to Kashi. Amos adores all of them and regularly carries them around in his mouth (something Kashi did not really do). I bought Amos a turtle and a cloth ball. The latter promptly fell apart. The former needs to be sewed.