Friday, August 10, 2007

I was oh, so right about Tiger!

~~~~
You know those mysteries of life? I have been missing a pink sock for quite a while. I just don't see how washers or dryers eat them up. Really, how do those socks vanish in thin air? Well, a pink mystery has arisen again.

There is this toy storage closet at work, where they keep the items donated to the foster kinds. Oh, was it a mess. You could barely walk down the tiny aisle between cabinets crammed with stuff and boxes with stuff spilling over.

Yes, you know where I am going. The chaos was just too much for me to bear. Longing from a break from the pressures of my desk (that will come later if I can find the words), I decided to pop into the closet and work my magic.

Three hours later, organization reigned! I had all the toys separated by categories and all the shelves labeled (it was my first experience with a P-Touch label machine and I am long for one new even though nothing at my home is labeled or really needs them...I am sure I can think of a use for one). I also was able to throw away a half a dozen large boxes and clear a pathway that is now twice as wide as was previous.

Of course, I worked up a sweat with all that organizing, especially since there were no air-conditioning vents in the storage closet. Since I was in there alone, I removed my jacket and worked in my tank top. However, when I did so, I found this pink stain spreading across the back of my collar and just below it.

Where did it come from? Was my sweat pink? My hair was hanging down over the collar and back of the jacket when I first started working, so I could not have rubbed up against anything. Other than the plastic toys, there was no pink ribbons or liquids or any such item that could have stained my jacket.

Alas, it was a mystery.

It is a white cotton jacket with small brown flowers embroidered all over it. Those flowers perfectly match the brown of some Chico's slacks and tank top I have, so I very much was concerned about those pink stains.

I thought about calling B since she is the most skilled stain remover I have ever known, but I decided that I would first try my trusty, stand-by Spray N' Wash. Three applications and three washings later, the pink stains were gone!

I only hope they never return...

~~~~
I won Scrabble today. Of course, when B plays, she concentrates more on playing great words than protecting those triple word spots from my greedy hands.

Still, I won!

No comments: