Tuesday, August 21, 2007

When I arrived home this evening, I realized that for the first time in months and months and months, the air-conditioner was not running! The rain has cooled the air enough to give my beleaguered machine a break!

You know, when I had to replace the A/C unit that was only three-years-old, I was miffed. I could understand that replacing the grossly over-sized heater would finally reduce those outlandish bills for a house that was set at 68 degrees and bring warmth to my winter-chilled body. However, I truly resented having to fork over the money for the new A/C.

I was wrong. The new unit works far better than I could have imagined. My home is plenty cool for my heat-sensitive body, and yet my monthly bill for the stinking hot month of July was a mere $125. That is nearly $75 less than with the old/new unit. Between the savings in the winter (some months more than $150), the new HVAC system is probably half-paid for already.

For that, I am truly thankful. Savings and cool air. What more could you ask for?

Well, I am glad you made the query! The answer is also winning the last four Scrabble games with B! She had been thrashing me for months, but I have done well the past few games. I know the trend with be short lived. I do. I can accept that. My only regret is that to win, I have to beat B. We have wondered if there was a way for us both to win, but neither of our rather fine minds have come up with a method yet.

No comments: