Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm sure you've seen those articles, those TV stories, about how dog owners and their pets start to look alike, right? Well, while I cannot say that Kashi and I have this issue, I am loathe to admit that Kashi has become rather identical to me in one particular way...getting him up in the morning is becoming as difficult as awaking myself!

When I get ready in the morning, he lazily lifts his head and watches for a bit before tucking his nose back between his paws and sleeps some more. He has to go outside before I leave in the morning, but getting him to do so is surprisingly difficult. I have to coax and cajole him into getting off his bed and then through his morning stretching just to get him to allow me to pick him up to carry him downstairs (he has been frightened of falling on the stairs for over a year now).

Sometimes I find myself growing quite frustrated at him because sometimes I just don't have the time it takes for him to be ready to go outside. Of course, at those times I do not have the time because I have hit my alarm snooze button one too many times and am late myself.

Sometimes, I cannot help but laugh at him. He has a point. I would much rather join him back in bed for a few hours than go off to work.

He is too much like me.

No comments: