Monday, August 20, 2007

While most everyone here is thankful for the rain that began falling yesterday evening because we are in an official drought, I am not. I am thankful for the rain, but I am most thankful for it because it kept my car from being towed.

Some time between when I arrived home on Friday and when I left this morning, someone put out emergency no parking signs prohibiting parking for the entire work week...weather permitting.

When I came home this evening, I had to park two blocks away. I was frustrated, walking through the rain to get to my house. However, I kept in mind that at least I had not spent the morning tracking down my car and paying some sure-to-be-enormous fine.

I have no clue as to the work and wonder if the rain yesterday and today means that I will have to park eons away all next week as well since the rain is supposed to hang around until some time Wednesday morning.

No comments: