Saturday, December 20, 2008

1,001th reason to LOVE my new GREEN phone: I get the NFL channel on it!

Granted, the game is quite small, but as I type this, I am watching the Dallas Cowboys try and hang onto their season. Thus far, things are going well, but for a few games now, our defense has been smoking our own offense. I fear the same is unfolding in this game. A balance of achievement should rest between them, not an embarrassment of uneven play.

I am a FIRM believer, if you are a fan, in supporting your team to the bitter end, holding out hope, even if that hope is deferred to next season. It is difficult, however, when you team has copious amounts of talent that is certainly not fulfilled.

Getting to see the game is a nice ending to a frustrating day.

Kashi and I went walking in Huntley Meadows. I left my cane because I have been walking better since October. However, that whole endurance issue is still a mitigating factor I should not have ignored. Two-thirds of the way through the loop, I realized I was not going to be able to finish the walk. I called a few people, but no one answered, so I ended up calling the non-emergency number for a policeman to help me back to my car.

Frustrating and embarrassing.

I am not all that certain had I taken the cane it would have made enough of a difference. Once I near an hour of being out and about, the sand starts running out in my hourglass. Sometimes, it is a slow dribble that affords me the opportunity to continue on for at least another hour or even two with merely increasing discomfort. Other times, it rushes out, leaving me unable to stand or walk on wobbly legs.

At least I get to watch my 'Boys.

No comments: