Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tomorrow evening B and her family will be here! Given the choice of them arriving tired and grumpy on Wednesday evening and refreshed and ready to visit on Thursday morning, I chose tired and grumpy.

That means I have some dusting and vacuuming and laundry to do before they arrive...and I have to fit in some extra sleep.

Given my abode is the very opposite of capacious, I have offered to keep the children upstairs with me while B and G sleep in the basement bedroom suite (her daughter E in my bed and her son J in the study in his travel playpen). I offered to wake with the children and spend time with them each morning. I offered because, well, frankly, B and G are always exhausted during our visits. The three of us stay up late and the two of them get up with the children. They always let me sleep.

I wonder if my intentions will only be "best" ones. I wonder if I will be able to give this gift of time. I wonder if I will make it to Monday!

No comments: