Saturday, December 27, 2008

Five technical support calls, two on-site labor visits, two cable store trips, and three digital cable boxes later, I can now enjoy high definition programs on my high definition television. Actually purchasing the television turned out to be the easiest part of this whole journey.

Is it worth it?

Well, you really can see the blades of grass in a football game. But that also means you can see wrinkles and sweat on real people where before there was just the magic of television stars.

To make matters worse, much to my dismay, the NFL decided that the Cowboy/Eagles game was so important that it needed to be moved back to the afternoon slot. That means it now conflicts with the Redskins game and I shall miss it. Alas, unless there is some great offensive playing by my 'Boys, I shall have to wait another nine months to see my first Cowboy game on my new television.

SIGH.

No comments: