Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So, tonight I did the Feast of the Resurrection Sunday bulletin.  I am running into a wee bit of a hymn problem because where they go is so very clear to the pastor and music director, but not so much to me.  As much as I savor Liturgy, crave being awash in it as the Living Word is poured out over me, I do not follow it all that well.  I certainly do not know where the hymns fit in, especially since the two churches I have attended do hymns a wee bit differently, as does the PA church.

Since this pastor is open to ideas, I proffered adding the lectionary summaries the LCMS has been putting out for churches to use.  Pastor D does not use them, so I send them out each week to people from church.  I have received such positive feedback about them and revel in them myself, so I thought he could add them to the bulletin, which seemed to have some extra white space.

It was such a blessing to have work because I have been cold all evening...so cold I cranked up the heat to 78 degrees.  By the time I finally stopped shaking from the chills running up and down my body, it was too late.  When I got up to let my beloved buttercup outside to do his business, I promptly fainted.  It is too hot in here.  He practically licked my face off, probably cooling me down in the process.

Wet noodle status.

At least my fingers were mostly working.

While lying here, I have been saddened thinking how glad that I am that Lent is ending, that Passiontide is upon us.  For this season has distressed me greatly, not understanding it and finding primarily Law amongst the words in the pulpit.  I have too much Law already in my head, filling my heart.  I believe I am missing something important...that is why I am sad, even though this time is drawing to a close.

Surely the 50 days of Easter will be filled with Gospel.  I'm pretty sure that season is all about rejoicing.

I have to say, I learned Pastor W is having 10 Divine Services in 12 days, Pastor S 8 in 8 days.  I am sorely jealous of their parishioners.  Can you imagine?  Can you imagine such a feast?  Oh to take in the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ again and again and again.  To be bathed in the Liturgy day after day after day.  To have the Living Word fill you to bursting.  I hunger for such riches.  Oh, how I hunger.


Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!

No comments: