Sunday, August 26, 2018

Katharine the heroine...


The day has passed with a whole lot of coughing and not much else.  Thursday about midnight, I had a bit of a tickle in my throat.  By Friday afternoon, I was coughing up my lungs!  I am hoping that the antibiotics will be kicking in by the time I crawl out of bed on the morrow. Most fervently hoping.

My goal was to get Friday's laundry done, and I accomplished that.  Three loads washed, dried, folded, and put away.  One of the loads was the bedding from Becky's visit.  Seeing her sheets got me all verklempt. But I soldiered forth and finished.

Other than that, I had a few naps and have sat huddled on the sofa.  Again, it was another day of no streaming.

Being ill when you are chronically ill STINKS!




I did learn that it is Katherine Johnson's 100th birthday!  Have you seen "Hidden Figures" yet?  If not, rush out and buy the movie and watch it!  She calculated trajectories by hand!

NASA wrote this lovely little article about her and the lessons she's learned over the years.  Katherine is an inspiring and heroic figure in the history of both space flight and NASA.

When Becky was here, we watched that movie.  For me, I had memories of my sister watching with with me over the phone, whilst telling me about the movie in between, especially stuff.  I love the movie, but I also know my father, who spent his the bulk of his career in the space flight program. Never more have I missed him than this day.

I sent the tweet and article to my brother.  He reminded me to send it to my step-mother.  She said that she went out and got the movie as soon as it came out because she knew that's that my father would do.  She is right.  He would!  SNIFF.  SNIFF.

No comments: