Thursday, April 13, 2006

I am tired, so very tired that it seems as if someone slipped me a dash of codeine in my Dr. Pepper. I fought to keep my eyelids open from about 2:00 on at work. Not even finding my new cell phone on my porch when I arrived home was enough to truly wake me.

I was surprised to see the package because on Wednesday morning, when I cried hopelessly on the phone to the Sprint supervisor, the end result was that it could be 5 business days before my new phone arrived. It wasn't the 5 days that brought the tears. It was that my phone broke unexpectedly at a time when I absolutely have no money for a new one. I knew it had been over two years (you used to get a credit after only 18 months) since I "re-upped" my plan, so I should get the $150 credit for signing a new agreement. However, Sprint changed their policy yet again and now it is two years with the same phone. Since most phones are not really designed to last that long, I think the change is just a scam. And I learned that my warranty replacement just a few months after getting my last new phone "reset" the clock with regard to the credit period. I would have to wait until August to get a new phone.

My cell phone is my lifeline against being alone. My two closest friends have Sprint so we can talk for free. I do not have long distance on my home phone because I have it on the cell phone. I was in a panic thinking that I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money and how difficult it would be to not talk with anyone for months. I cried.

I cried and he gave me a $300 credit to cover a new phone. I would just have to wait 5 business days (or one week). And there was the phone in 1 business day. I did call my best friend to let her know the phone had arrived, that I was back "in touch."

Still, I digressed. I watered the grass seed since the weather is absolutely not cooperating and collapsed on the couch. I dozed my way through a few television shows and am now counting the minutes until 10:00 since that should be late enough for Kashi to go out a final time.

Even my hair is tired.

No comments: