Saturday, April 15, 2006

Possibly, just possibly, the hours I spent this day will signal the end of my mother's website project. That would be a good thing!

~~~~
I just discovered that I hadn't changed the bird's water this morning, so I quickly cleaned the dish and refilled it. Both of them are on top of the cage, so I held it up to them for a drink. Madison promptly started pecking at me, but Fancy took a few sips. Then she hopped in it for a bath, never mind that I was still holding it above my head.

I put it down and then went to the kitchen for a plastic bowl she could use. The first one I brought was dark and opaque, and she fled to the far side of the cage. So, I went back to the kitchen and brought a clear one (one of those new disposable Ziploc containers). Before I could even blink, she had hopped right in and started flinging water all over her back. I burst out laughing at her enthusiasm and wondered why I hadn't thought of doing so before. Her dish is much, much too small for a bath. This container was just right.

What is equally amusing to me is how very different the two of them are. Madison loves to be spritzed. She prefers to dunk herself.

Of course Kashi was rather appalled to see the two of them getting a bath and trembled the whole time until he realized that he would not be included in the process.

No comments: