Sunday, April 02, 2006

I finally got an appointment with Habitat for Humanity to come pick up the furnace on next Friday. It will not be a day too soon.

I have been in a battle with the local birds to keep it wrapped up. They seem to believe that the string wrapped around the tarp is for them, for their nests.

They have already taken over my water fountain as the newest local watering hole. They are picking off the moss that has grown on it for three years and drinking it dry each day. I come home and the pump is dry. I guess I am going to have to start turning it off each day so that is doesn't get ruined. Really, it is remarkable that the birds are drinking all that water.

Of course...they leave evidence of their congregating visit on the railing of my deck above the fountain.

Why can they not just be thankful for the bird seed I put out?

Really, Fancy and Madison are far more endearing as birds than the greedy avian folk who've been visiting lately.

No comments: