Friday, April 28, 2006

I felt so very strange as I awoke this morning.

Yesterday afternoon, I went upstairs to take a shower after finishing a game of Scrabble with my best friend. I took a board member to the airport and was told to go on home instead of the office. So I treated myself to some multi-tasking and monitored email and worked on a document while playing Scrabble.

I went upstairs to take a shower and sat down on the bed when I got out. The next thing I knew it was 12:30 a.m., seven hours later. I was so surprised and lay back on the pillow trying to decide if I should go see how Kashi was doing. Another seven hours passed.

It is strange that a whole evening passed by without my knowing it. It is strange to realize how very tired I have been and how very much I have been struggling with fatigue.

Tonight I have channel-surfed my way through the evening hours so Kashi, Madison, and Fancy didn't feel neglected. I think, however, that perhaps had I laid down at 7:00 when I arrived home from work...well...they would have been lonely again.

Madison set to wailing once I came downstairs this morning and nothing would console him but plopping him on my shoulder while I got ready for work. He didn't even peck at me when I went to stroke his crest.

Kashi came down the stairs this evening when I got home. He hasn't ventured down them in months. Monday I fell carrying him down and scraped my elbow something fierce. But he was so eager to see me he braved his phobia.

I had to stay up with my babies. The afford me such good company, I owed them at least the same. At least tomorrow I can sleep in and lounge about the house whilst still giving my pet companions the attention they deserve.

Just now...a pillow is calling me...

No comments: