Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mysteries of My Life

How a twice-baked potato can spoil... [NOTE: Eating one that has can wreak havoc on your stomach for hours and hours and hours.]

How 72 can be quite cool and 74 be unbearably hot...

How I can hardly control my shivers as I get into bed and wake up hours later sweating...

How I can get my feelings hurt again and again in the exact same situation with the exact same stupid expectations...

How I can be so "smart" and "talented" and "such a good writer" and have no job and no prospects...

How I can lose so many things in such a small home...

How such a pliable, flexible person as myself can have a such a stubborn dog...

How being ethical and hardworking gets a person nowhere...

How my lower left appendage can ache so much after six weeks in a cast...

How someone can be born a human being and not understand or fit in with the rest of her race...

How my own mother can care so little about me...

How after eleven years I never tire of watching my puppy dog curled up asleep...

How having multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and asthma can be a blessing and not a curse...

How my faith can be my stronghold and yet be filled with an overwhelming longing to belong somewhere, to finally fit in somewhere, to make a contribution somewhere...

How baby spinach salads can be so tasty...

No comments: