Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Thunderstorms tore through this area again. I lost power briefly.

My father keeps calling to find out if I have a job yet. When I reply that I do not, he queries me as to what I have done to get a job. His memory is not the best anymore, so I have to explain again and again and again why I was fired (if I do not understand "reduction in force," how could he?) and why I do not yet have a new job.

My brother called today asking the same.

Is it absolutely crazy of me to be curled up on my couch since Saturday?

My oxygen sats are finally better, though I am still so utterly fatigued. I have been reading and watching TV. Today, for instance, I watched a marathon of Celebrity Poker Showdown, 12 hours of it. Perhaps, I am now ready for the World Poker Tour? Bet strongly before the flop to bully your opponents. Ace/low card is a throw away hand. Play tight with several players in the game, but loose when it is heads up. If you have trips or another "unbeatable hand," milk your opponents, check/calling them to sucker every chip you can.

I have written on my novel some, but Megan hurts too much for me to spend much time with her just now. Aryanth would be a better companion, but the story intimidates me at times.

I took a shower today because I thought it was bible study night, but I forgot that we had a three week break, not two this time. All that water wasted.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a paragon of productiveness...

No comments: