Friday, July 21, 2006

The wind blew all day today, but nary a rain drop fell. I believe that I will be forced to water in this heat. When I watered on Tuesday, I ended up with 48 mosquito bites on my legs and still more on my arms. Really, between whatever I was allergic (which has been spreading, by the way, despite my best homeopathic efforts) and these mosquito bites I look like something that belongs in a leper colony. And itch is most definitely a four letter word.

For this day, I had set a goal of finally connecting the two portions of my novel. Over the past three weeks, I have managed to write four chapters to get that accomplished. I know the writing is rough, but it fits.

Much of it is sad, much of it strangely mirrors my own heart even though Megan and I are in much different places in our lives, walking paths that are far apart.

Each of us are waiting for the time when...

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "When the plowman will overtake the reaper and the treader of grapes him who sows seed; When the mountains will drip sweet wine and all the hills will be dissolved."

~Amos 9:13


Even so, I am grateful for this time to write...

No comments: