Thursday, April 23, 2009

I am a horrible Doggy Momma.

For several months now, I have been putting milk in Kashi's dinner. A nice treat, eh?

Well, I am so exhausted that I did not pay careful attention whilst preparing his meal last night. A short while after consuming it, he began throwing up. After the third time, I started to panic. After the fifth time, I was ready to scoop him up and take him to the (very expensive) emergency animal clinic.

I was cleaning up the sixth mess when I finally noticed the fetid odor wafting toward my face as I bent over to scrub the rug. The smell bothered me, not for how foul it was, but for the fact that the times he has regurgitated his food because he ate too fast it did not smell.

Suddenly realizing what had happened, I jumped up and raced over to the refrigerator. After popping off the top of the milk container, I took a big whiff...and coughed and sputtered. It was rather spoiled. I couldn't believe I failed to notice that when I prepared his food.

Kashi was sick to his stomach a total of eleven times. As the night wore on, what he deposited on the carpet grew smaller, but my poor puppydog was just plain miserable.

It was about four in the morning before I was certain he had expelled all the offending matter within him.

Getting out of bed for work was quite difficult this morning, but I was most glad to be awakened by the crunching of Kashi enjoying a post-dawn snack.

No comments: