Thursday, April 02, 2009

I had a remembering victory today:

I have been working on a shopping list since I returned home from the cabin. To help me remember what I need, I placed a sticky note on the bathroom mirror and put a pencil in one of the toothbrush slots. As I get ready in the mornings for work or prepare for bed at night, I added items that I need.

As Cousin D put it, I was not even a couch potato last week. I was a spud. So, I had no desire to get dressed enough to venture outside to the store. Hence, the intense commitment to creating the list.

Of course, the value in a carefully crafted list is actually taking the list to the store with you. I forgot it. However, I managed to purchase all but two items that I had written down. In addition to that cognitive feat, I actually managed to remember to get a food cover for the microwave!

When Bettina was here over New Year's Eve, a few things were broken/ruined. That was one of them. [Note: It is not a healthy practice (pun intended) to cook microwave popcorn on top of plastic.] I have very much needed that cover many a time since then, but could not remember to purchase one the 1,001 times I have been in Target since the beginning of the year.

Today, one found its way into my shopping cart and came home to reside in my microwave and I didn't even have to chant "microwave food cover, microwave food cover" the whole time I was in the store.

A genuine victory!

No comments: