Thursday, April 30, 2009

I worked all night last night and all day today, so I am rather bleary-eyed.

The DVD was not at all what I would have shared, but it was received quite well. Much talking and congratulations and the sort. The concept is not all that bad, but the execution is far, far from professional. Windows Movie Maker is a very frustrating program that does less than I desired.

In the middle of the day, I had to drive 80 miles to fetch the food for the event. Along the way, I came very close to falling asleep behind the wheel. I do not have my regular phone buddy anymore, so I recited verses and counted the number of green cars I saw (17). One the way back, it was all I could do not to pull over and dive into the barbecue in the back the tantilizing smell was so great. It did not help that I went nearly a whole day without eating because I jumped out of bed after sleeping just 3 hours and raced off to work more.

While others where mingling just minutes before the presentation, I was hastily making final changes to the DVD. That's what kind of day it was.

The PowerPoint slide show was really quite good, if I might brag. I created all the slides in InDesign and exported them as JPEGS. Of course, that meant that the file size is nearly 50 Megs. When I have an opportunity to catch my breath, I shall save all the JPEGS to web view using PhotoShop which should drop the file size immensely.

Finally, my other idea for the night was rather popular as well. I took our display panel and covered it with old photographs and news articles, some of them dating back to 1975, when our first project was under development. I just pinned them up with paperclips, as if it were a bulletin board in someone's office. Folks were huddled around it for much of the mingling time. I was trying to emphasize the longevity of our organization and believe the point was made.

Still, I am rather tuckered out after a month of racing toward a deadline. Four times I ended up working all night long. Many a work week exceeded 50 hours. Much juggling of complex and time-consuming tasks.

Kashi and the birdies hardly recognize me!

I think I shall leave all the stuff in the car and just crawl into bed now.

No comments: