Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A bit reluctant...


I crowed over Amos' potty achievements and ended up having him poop on my excitement, so I am a bit reluctant to write this.  Only I have been trying to do a better job of keeping up with my "memory." So, I shall say that this early morning came and went with no terrible illness, no writhing, dizziness, erratic heart beat, nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, or vomiting.

I did not sleep until 6:00 AM, so worried was I about going through that again.  Waking thrice, I slept until 3:45 PM.  Amos was quite confused about going back to bed after his "morning" meal at noon, but he finally fell back asleep, as did I.

My head still aches, but the pain is a shadow of what it once was. While I would much rather be pain free,  I am relieved greatly. I am also a bit dizzy.  Mostly, I have been resting on the couch watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (I have never seen it or the last two movies).  Amos has taken advantage of my lack of supervision to shred the Chico's catalog that came in the mail.  The living room looks like it snowed inside.  My rascal puppy does not understand that even on my best days, bending over makes me either near faint or faint.  Getting down on the floor to try and pick up all the pieces whilst sitting means Amos thinking I am there to play.  He is good at tackling me...quite strong for a fluff ball puppy. SIGH.

After skipping my second Theophylline dose last night, this morning I took 200 mg less than my prescription, because I still have some pills from the last prescription change. I was worried cutting it by half might mean more fainting, as I try to figure out how much to dial back the Theophylline while on the Loestrin.

Well, I just took the dreaded pill.  Nine more days to go to the lower dose, if I can continue on this trend of the lesser headache, the more manageable misery.

Now back to shivering on the couch, though I do so in victory.  With an extended period of chanting encouragement, Amos just tended to his need outside so we shall both not have to endure any timeouts this evening.  My beloved puppy is already conked out on the couch with me, so exhausted is he from covering every inch of the back yard four or five times before finally finding the right spot. With an ice pack on my head and a heating pad on my stomach, I am off to finish finding out what happens to Harry Potter.  After all, it is not as if I can actually remember reading the books.  SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: