Saturday, December 24, 2011

Idiots never read the instruction manual...



So, I used the other half of the can of Easy-Off and have been scrubbing away for an hour.  All that effort revealed two words on the bottom of the oven, which are a part of a longer message: "clean" and "manual."

I do have the manual.
I never read it.
Yes.
I am an idiot.

This GE Americana stove was state-of-the-art in its time.  The thing even has a built-in meat-thermometer and a built-in rotating spit, along with other extra special tools I have yet to figure out.  The reason only the bottom oven has a Clean Mode is that the panels in the top oven are designed to be pulled out and placed in the bottom oven for cleaning.

I repeat.
I am an idiot.

SIGH


3 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

Join the club. Always room for one more.

Myrtle said...

Thanks for the welcome! Do I get a button for my collar or something like that?

Mary Jack said...

Woah! To be fair, the makers of your oven must have been uncommonly brilliant. That's really clever.

:) I'm so glad this feature will save time & spare you in the future!!!