Thursday, December 15, 2011

There has to be a way...

I returned two un-opened bags of millet and purchased a universal sponge mop head.  Four buckets of steaming hot soapy water later, the very small area at the top of the stairs (perhaps 10 square feet) is still dirty.  The water in the bucket turned black immediately.  And got blacker and blacker and blacker.  I emptied it and washed the same area again.  And then I did the same.  And a fourth time.  The floor in that area is still dirty.

There has to be a way that I can clean it.  I just do not know what that way is.

Do I get brownie points for stopping after 45 minutes, when fatigue was clearly setting in?
Am I strange that I want my attic floor to be relatively clean so that I can walk on it without tracking dirt everywhere?
Is there a way that I can clean it?

SIGH.

3 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

Big-time brownie points for stopping after 45 minutes. You'll get it clean. The grime of multiple years isn't removed by an hour's work.

ftwayne96 said...

Or, more commonly, Rome wasn't built in a day. . .

Myrtle said...

Well, at this rate, I suppose...working diligently for 45 minutes each day...I shall be finished by 2013.