Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Thanks, Fred...


Court today.

Yep.  That was a treat.

Last night, after my last post, I took a shower and fainted.  ARGH.  I was very frustrated.  The headache is ever present, but very much less in magnitude.  So, I was thinking kind of positive there, for a while, and bam...another body blow.  Even with the fainting, I am holding out the hope that a balance can be found.

Anyway, Fred talked with me after court.  I think that if I had someone to distract me after court, I could handle court days better.  Certainly, Fred did a stellar job of listening to me talk in circles and acting like I was actually making sense. Of course, I haven't asked Ethel if she's changed the batteries in his hearing aid lately.

His most brilliant comment was about chicken enchiladas, only he doesn't call them that.  He calls them "those tortilla things."  Reminding me of what curative properties they hold, I came home and fired up the grill.  Yes, all four pieces came off perfectly.  Poultry Perfection!  I then minced one piece, assembled the enchiladas, and put them in the oven with eight timers.  Seriously, I used eight.  This weekend, when I was so ill, I burned three meals.  SIGH.

So, I am now happily chowing down on enchiladas and not drowning in the ugliness that is this pit bull attack restitution situation, thanks to Fred.  I suppose it would not be too bad if I mention the woman purposely sat in front of me again and kept whispering about what a joke this all was and that she would never be made to pay....

I also came home and lit a fire. I was so ill that I did not watch television for three days and am only having my second fire in a week.  I missed them.  As for my television, after three years, I am now its proud owner.  With the interest free payments, I opted to just do a little a month, so I could earn my own interest in what I would have paid initially.  Three years later, I am still awed, at times, that I have this beautiful television that I can see, even with my poor-vision days.  Do you think I should celebrate with a sci-fi mini-marathon?  I could watch all 13 episodes of Firefly and then its conclusion in the movie Serenity....

Amos, being a year old now, is getting weighed on the morrow.  How big do you think the Beast will be? The winner will get as much bacon and deviled eggs as he/she desires on a visit to the Myrtle B&B here in Fort Wayne. Since I think I should win, I am putting my entry in at 24.4 pounds.

Thank you, Fred, for being Christ's mercy to me today...for reminders of good things, from chicken enchiladas to liturgy, and for your oh, so gentle talk on just how it is that even my body could be a good gift from God.


Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!

6 comments:

Mary Jack said...

Yay!!!!!

Myrtle said...

Dearest Mary, was that "Yay" for the last little bit? I'll have to tell you about it to see if you might want use to use it as an example....

Okay, Preacher Man does sort of have a good brain from time to time.

Myrtle said...

Or maybe the "yay" was for the all important not burning of the chicken enchiladas!

ftwayne96 said...

Amos will weigh in at 424 pounds. Slightly less than what I weigh.

Becky said...

I say 23.9 lbs.

ftwayne96 said...

"Chicken tortilla things," I believe is how I refer to them.