Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A long day I wish were over...

I cleaned the bird cage for the last time.  All of Sam and Madeleine's things are stacked upon the deacons' bench: travel carrier, play pen, cover, food, supplies, and millet container.  Seeing it all was very upsetting, waves of sadness washing over me.

To distract myself, I worked in both the attic and the basement a bit more.  After some re-organizing and reducing, I have two less boxes in the attic and two less boxes in the basement.  I also pinned up some personal things on a bulletin board I had hung on the wall above one of the office supplies shelves: a cross from a friend, a ladybug ornament, a Christian "fish" key chain from high school, the only Farside cartoon I have ever understood (Bettina sent it to me), and framed card Bettina sent me that represents our friendship.

So, here I am waiting again...nothing to distract me.  In an hour or so, my birds will be with their new owner and I shall be left with a hole in my heart and in my life.  

SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

2 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

We know it hurts. Nothing anybody can say can take the hurt away. Amos is just going to have to be extra affectionate!

Myrtle said...

Amos fell asleep in my lap today. I love it when he does that!