Saturday, December 24, 2011

Once in a blue moon...


Admiring your work in a prideful way is not always such a bad thing.  By this I mean, if you were out of vinegar for cleaning your attic floor and dish washing soap for your kitchen and were loathing a trip to the store and you were in the middle of admiring your organizing work in the basement after moving the cloths from the washer to the dryer and noticed a bottle of vinegar and a bottle of dish washing soap in your overflow shelf for supplies just waiting for you, then that bit of pride is not so bad, eh?  Once in a blue moon, that is.

Of course, that means there is no excuse to skip the day's session of attic floor cleaning.  And, well, it would be better if you could remember that you had such supplies yourself.

Supplies and toothpaste.  Someone I know might possibly have four spare tubes of toothpaste at the moment because she keeps forgetting she has it and instead has this nagging feeling that she's out of toothpaste each time she is at the store.

5 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

If you don't mind my asking, how are you doing on toilet paper?

ftwayne96 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ftwayne96 said...

By the way, it takes real talent to write a masterfully run-on sentence like the second one in your post.

Myrtle said...

Excuse me, Livermush Lush, but that was a grammatically correct sentence! Perhaps, I was merely channeling Faulkner!

I just bought some last week! Uhm, I use toilet paper far more quickly than toothpaste.

ftwayne96 said...

I am fully aware of that fact, Myrtle-O! I was entirely sincere in my praise of your writerly craft!