Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Thanks, Bettina...


Bettina calls me whilst she is working her night job, since she is all alone cleaning.  I keep her company and all her industrious labors help me find little bits of energy for small spates of productivity, usually the dishes piled up in the sink or the laundry that has yet to be folded.

Tonight, I called a company about an error in a return refund.  Oh, the thought of dealing with customer service was exhausting in and of itself.  I was going after $2.51 and wondered if I should do so.  Bettina quickly pointed out that if the roles were reversed, the company would go after me for the same amount.  Good thing I called.  My math was wrong. [Yes, you can snicker that I would even be surprised at that.] I ended up with a refund of $11.39.

If you recall from the photos of my basement organization, I had a filing basket that I had emptied of 11 months of piled-up paperwork.  Left was a purple folder of all my medical bills because I had one I thought was paid a couple of months ago, but the doctor's office said was not.  I wanted to verify the expense, which meant going through the folder.  I did discover the error was mine and wrote out a check, but I also updated my spreadsheet of medical expenses for 2011.  Surely I should not owe a penny in taxes with 49% of my "income" being medical expenses!

And, well, I got down and picked up all the paper Amos had shredded and strewn about the living room.  I love my fluff ball puppy, but I would sure like it if he were not so very prone to littering.  SIGH.

Having spent the past two weeks doing ever so little other than being afraid and being rather ill, it was nice to be able to end the day with two lingering matters addressed.

Thanks, Bettina!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Now you need to stop at Taco Bell on your next outing.