Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fifteen hours...


Sleep.  Fifteen hours.  Some bad dreams ... and one night terror.  But fifteen hours.

A while ago, I started sending myself emails, whilst lying in bed trying to go to sleep.  Things to do.  Things to write.  Things on my mind.  It is the way I try to settle my mind down.  One of the emails today had to do with cleaning.




Myrtle!  Why would you post such a picture??? you ask.  Well, it turns out that my beloved new Dyson has an attachment—heretofore unused in the months I have owned the vacuum—that is perfect for baseboards.  And, just to show exactly how dirty were my baseboards, I thought I would post photographic evidence, for I emptied the canister before tackling all my baseboards.  See!  My house might be organized and picked up, but it is most often far, far, far from clean.

The email I sent told me to clean my bathroom and dust, but really, I was telling myself to:

  • vacuum both staircases;
  • vacuum the first and second floors;
  • vacuum all the baseboards;
  • clean all the windowsills;
  • clean the half bath;
  • scour the master bath;
  • dust the main floor;
  • dust the second floor;
  • clean all the silk lamp shades;
  • orange oil the inlaid table next to the couch;
  • clean out the fireplace;
  • take out all the trash (in the blooming snow);
  • take out all the recycling (in the blooming snow); and
  • water all the plants wintering in the solarium.

Gosh, wasn't I a bit bossy?  SIGH.  The house is at least clean for the moment, since I keep the kitchen really clean, save for the floor ... but I took care of that last week.  I am exhausted, though.  Trembling from head to toe.  Since Michelle is gone, I took the opportunity to lower the heat since I wouldn't be so hot and sweaty whilst working.

Really, though, it is time to orange oil all the non-painted wooden doors.  Maybe next week???

Amos has been bugging me to write on his blog.  I hope to appease him this evening ... after a nap or two before the roaring fire.  And between trying to keep the sidewalk clear.  SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: