Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Join me...


You, too, can become a labnehmaker!  Join me!!

Toss the Labneh ingredients into a large bowl:




Stir throughly:




Line a second bowl with your cloth (or muslin bag if you are a sewer):




Tie your "bag" and hang it up in a cold place:




Can you see that stream of whey running out??  By the time the process is completed, the mixture will be reduced by 75%.  In fact, here is the whey that already dripped out just when I was tying up my bag:




Easy-peasy to become a labnehmaker, eh?  In two days, I'll post the final photo.

Making labneh was one of the lying-in-bed-trying-to-fall-asleep emails that I sent myself last night.  I also called in the re-fill for the Erythromycin.  I do not know if CVS' warehouse stock will hold out until the manufacturer begins filling all of its back orders.  My beloved Target pharmacist told me that the reason CVS still has it is because they do not order from suppliers, but rather from one of several large warehouses they keep the drugs they buy in bulk on speculation of being able to sell them.  She starts every day by trying to run my prescription through to see if their suppliers have gotten new stock.  I am trying not to worry about CVS also running out.  And I very much will be ready to get back to the super-easy-Myrtle-proof dispenser bottle that Target has.

Another to-do email was to call the Medicare insurance company for the 11th time regarding trying to get the new prescription drug premium debited from my disability check.  The request was made to the SSA on November 4, 2013.  Today.  Just today, my account changed to show that as of March 2014 the premium will be debited.  So, that means I only have to deal with the missing check for January's premium.  The insurance company gave me an alternative mailing address, because the missing check was sent in a pre-address envelope.  I find it odd for it to go missing.

Yesterday's to-do involved calling the mortgage company since the absence of an escrow refund has been keenly felt on my part.  I had been told that I would receive it by the 24th.  As in FIVE days ago.  Instead, yesterday I learned that they had 15 days to process the check and then 15 days to mail it.  It was processed on the 22nd.  No sign of any completed paper work or new property title.  SIGH.

My other task for the day—since my best friend now believes this third target date for a visit might actually remain firm—was to wrap the tiny Christmas presents for her, her children, and her mother.  Today is her birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REBECCA ANNE BETTINA MATILDA BOYLES KULP!!), so I also wrapped up her small birthday gift.  In GREEN paper with a PURPLE (her favorite color) bow.

Since I was wrapping, I packaged up two small items I wanted to pass on to others.  Sitting in my car are two larger packages that I had intended on mailing out this week.  However, when I checked my credit card, I was surprised to see that I was already over my budgeted monthly amount, even though I still had two prescriptions and gas to purchase and I was under budget for both household and groceries.  Then, I went back to the prescriptions that I picked-up on Monday.  The increases in co-pays totaled $102.

That threw me into quite a funk, for I had started to grow excited about the possibility of shaving $50 off of my grocery budget each month and finally being able to save some money toward sure-to-be-future medical expenses.  Now, not only is it necessary to shave my grocery budget, but I also have to figure out how to make up the rest if I want to stick with my goal of living solely on the disability.  With just premium and base prescriptions making up 26% of my monthly expenses—not including doctor visits, labs, glasses, etc.—that is going to be so very, very, very hard.  I suppose this is not the time to mention that I have been working toward adding Netflix to my budget, perhaps this Spring, since I really, really, really miss cable and wish for more options for online streaming.

Especially since I still long for tasty foods.
Like labneh.
And beer stew.

So, I packaged up those two small items, but I am not going to visit the post office until next month's budget.  SIGH.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: