Thursday, January 16, 2014

Go make Irish Soda Muffins...


Go make Irish Soda Muffins.  Right now.  Seriously, stop reading and go make them.  I cannot believe I waited so very long to dare making them!




Marie's sister served as my taster.  They were even better than what I imagined in my head ... even with my idea to change the raisins to craisins.




We eat ate one and then I put eight in one of my dessert containers for the freezer.  Then, I put one in the refrigerator for Marie to try tomorrow.  That left three.  Two of them fit in the the dessert container that is currently housing the last of my Peanut Butter Nutella Cheesecake bars.  That meant, really, I was forced to split the last muffin with Michelle ... unless I wanted to go smushing my beloved deserts.  Honestly, I could have had three before I felt I was being overly greedy.  My, so tasty!  Not too sweet.  Moist.  Truly a delight.  SIGH.

Mother Nature up and destroyed my plans to rest all day since we had snow and then later more snow.  I had hoped, if I got to rest enough, I might be able to make a couple of batches of naan for the freezer.  I now have 27 servings of tastiness in there!  Wouldn't it be good if there was a sufficiency of breads to go along with that tastiness??

Tomorrow, Marie and I have an ambitious meal plan, primarily because we would need to make two types of bread, one for dipping the baba ganoush and the labneh and one for the gyros.  Only, well, I still don't have a recipe for the latter.  Or rather I have four and no good feeling about any of them.

Marie wants to do chocolate soufflé.  She has a good recipe.  I thought we might should have a back up ... or at least I had that thought after finding a recipe for honey peanut butter truffles.  Don't you think having a back-up dessert is a necessary thing whenever you are trying a risky recipe??


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

2 comments:

SusanH said...

Have a fun cooking day!!

Michelle said...

Those muffins were SO amazing!!! Certifiably so now, after three outside tasters got to enjoy them ;) Thank you for sharing with me!!