Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I have discovered another "plus" regarding the flooding:

In the basement, in front of the settee, there was a dusky rose colored oriental rug. While it certainly soaked up plenty of water and helped keep things from being wetter than they already were, I have never really liked it there.

My friend used the wet/dry vacuum on it with great results. We carried it out to the deck to finish drying...and left it for a few days.

Well, I was in the process of carrying it in when the phone rang. I dropped the rug on the kitchen floor and raced to grab the phone. When I returned to the kitchen, I was rather shocked to discover how very good the rug looks with the cabinets and the wallpaper and the appliances! The rug is also thicker, so I am more comfortable while standing before the sink and doing dishes. Two pluses, I'm sure.

I decided to replace the kitchen rug with the basement one. Now, I do NOT like the kitchen oriental rug in the basement, but given that I am in the kitchen every day and the basement but just once a week or so, I am sticking with the change.

No comments: