Monday, May 30, 2005

Whew! I just finished working in the yard!

I am not sure my stepmother realized how much digging she was in for when she volunteered to help divide the hostas.

Those hostas were rescued by a friend of mine. The previous owner had poured stuff on them to kill them which failed. So he finally dug them up and left them at the curb. She brought over eight of them in plastic grocery bags two years ago. I thought they were in soil, so I kept them watered, but waited three weeks to plant them because I was quite busy. When I finally popped them in the ground, I was dismayed to realize they had no soil around their roots.

Well, these are a hearty lot, because the original 8 are now 17 in my yard and more than a dozen (I'd hazard to guess) in my parent's yard.

I was wheezing my way through the work even with my stepmother digging. Still, with the weeding she threw in, the yard looks better for her visit.

And...of course...two transplanted Texans took the opportunity to go eat what passes for Mexican food up here. She always is quite generous about letting me pack up the leftovers. I had dinner and will have lunch and dinner once more off our lunch meal.

It was a good day today!

No comments: