Thursday, May 05, 2005

I was confronted with a question today that made me realize I need to grow up a bit. Yes, work has been stressful. Yes, other people have made poor decisions that have ramifications that affect my job. All this and what I've written before are still true. However, I need to still reconsider how I view my world and work at my job.

At what point do you stop thinking about your own area, your own issues, and think about the company as a whole?

Not what is good for you, but what is good for us?

How do you balance your own responsibilities and agenda with also supporting the company bottom line?

Your area wins an award and is it your award or ours?

You want to promote yourself, but is it better to promote the company? Better for all... and thus better for you?


I have so very much to think about...

No comments: