Thursday, May 12, 2005

Yesterday my hands and feet were tingling all day, as was my vision blurring. I spent the morning working with someone on a new piece of collateral. As we worked, I began to feel quite ill. I got this sick sort of headache, I started trembling, and my stomach began churning.

My colleague noticed that something was wrong and after her query as to the cause, I realized that my barrette was on that spot on my head. She suggested that we go to the bathroom together and take it out.

But when she looked at me, expecting me to rise and join her, all I could do is just sit there. I couldn't understand her. I was too confused. I couldn't understand that even though I told her why I was growing ill, that she wanted me to remove the barrette. I mumbled something about needing to stay where I was.

We finished our project and she eventually left, while I remained at my desk feeling worse and worse. Finally, I made my way to the bathroom where I threw up. It was only then that I realized she didn't mean for me to change my hairstyle but to remove the cause of my illness.

I moved the barrette and began to recover.

While I still am puzzled that a pressure upon a certain spot at the back of my head can make me ill, I am concerned that this was the first time the illness was coupled with confusion.

I am wearing my hair down today...

No comments: