Monday, May 16, 2005

Kashi became ill Friday night and so we spent half the night in the Animal ER. We were sent home with some medicine and no real answers, so after I slept a bit, I called his vet. The ER vet could not really examine him because he was squealing in pain and snapping at him. His regular vet is quite good with him and was able to determine that it was his left flank that was leaving him trembling and whimpering in pain.

He wasn't the only one crying...

She took x-rays and discovered that in addition to some irritation in two spots on his bowels, he has two vertebrae compressed together just before his pelvis. What is not clear is if it is an older injury that he has just lived with somehow or if that was the point of pain.

So after another five hours, we went home with more medicine and a "let's keep an eye on him."

He seems to be doing better.

I, on the other hand, had a hard day. I went to bed early both Saturday and Sunday and should have been plenty rested. But on the way to work today, I started feeling quite horrible. Quite horrible.

I was trembling and clammy and nauseous and weak. The longer I drove, the more I realized that I should not have been driving and needed to go back home.

Nearly the whole day I felt horrible.

Nearly the whole day I fielded calls from work and tried to sound less horrible.

Around 5:00, I went outside for a while and puttered with some flowers I had bought on Sunday. Given the rather severe allergic reactions I've had lately, it was a bit of a risk being, but I wanted to keep an eye on Kashi.

I finally felt better around 7:00, though I was still fielding calls from work.

My best friend distracted me some with Scrabble and listened to me moan and groan without much comment. It was nice to have some company whilst feeling ill even though it was long distance company.

I, for one, am glad this day is over and hope that tomorrow fairs better.

No comments: