Monday, August 08, 2005

I had a biopsy today. For a rather small growth, the surgeon took out a rather large chunk of my shoulder. Ten stiches later, I was dreading the moment when the "drugs" wore off and a bit grateful to hop off the table and make my escape before she feel the need to snip a bit more.

I have to wait three weeks for the results. A time to practice faith, focus, and...well, distraction.

I had a rather strange and disturbing occurrence this evening. I was working from home, making up the time off work for my "slice and dice" session, when someone took over my mouse, my computer, and opened up a Word document to start talking with me. I discovered that he had been watching me work for a while. Though I am fairly sure that he meant the contact in a positive light, I felt a bit exposed and violated. How long had he been watching? Had he done so before? Are there others to whom he has done this? Did he only have access to my work connection or could he access the rest of my personal computer through the connection? Had he ever watched while at work where it would have been easier to do so?

I didn't work as much tonight as I normally would, especially since I would have welcomed the distraction from my throbbing shoulder, because as I typed, I kept wondering if he had gone home as he said he was when he broke the connection...

No comments: