Friday, August 05, 2005

Last night I worked until 1:00 AM and then...because I could not believe I did it again...I wrote for another two hours on one of my novels.

I am tired.

I worked hard to be cheerful all day, especially with my boss who is tired herself.

Doing so was harder as the day wore on because the pain in my wrists was becoming unbearable. I still cannot believe how I managed to drive home, though I will not say that tears were not a part of doing so. I am trying to be grateful for the pain. Grateful because it must be the arthritis and the arthritis is often triggered by storm fronts rolling through and a storm front would mean relief from the sweltering heat.

Kashi is trembling beneath the dining table, terrified of the lightening. I am trembling on the couch, thinking of dosing myself with the codeine cough syrup upstairs in the cupboard. We are both desirous of the front pass and hope the rain comes soon.

I had hoped to spend some quality time with Megan tonight, but she will have to remain in the story where I left off.

I did have a nice moment this afternoon... I was calling someone at work and fell into a discussion of football. His brother actually plays for the 49ers! Sigh. I cannot wait for the season to start...

No comments: