Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am trying to surprise a friend. Doing so has included copious amounts of manual labor in the faux cool of the evening while she has been out of town. I wanted to let her know how much she means to me by doing something for her that would provide aesthetic pleasure and satisfaction.

While I have been in my unemployed funk, she has gone out of her way and her comfort zone to be a source of encouragement and support to me. I know that you cannot put a price on friendship, but perhaps my labors will demonstrate how much I value all that she has shared with me.

Of course, I am the WORST person at keeping secrets, so I have already talked with her husband just to make sure that the choices I am making in the labor department will have the greatest return on my investment in this surprise.

I cannot wait for Saturday night to get here!


~~~~
Another mystery in my life...how is it that each evening I go to sleep with the bottom of the duvet at my feet and awake the next day with it at my head?

No comments: