Monday, August 14, 2006

I cleaned out my refrigerator today. Wiping down the glass shelves found me regretting that it has been so long since the last time I ventured into the coldbox. I did manage to re-establish organization into both parts so that the food I acquired today from Costco would fit.

Fancy and Madison were quite jealous of my labors, so I turned my attention to their cage. I found some new food that has dried bits of fruits and vegetables in it, so perhaps a clean new environment will help the tasty aroma from this treat waft more easily to their tiny nostrils. Madison has just not put the weight back on after his most recent molting. I am worried about his skinny self. I keep telling him that he is welcome to some of my spare heft, but he remains a bit peckish about consuming more than a wee bit each day.

Kashi has added to my worry by exhibiting increased hind quarter weakness. Quite frequently, when on smooth surfaces, he goes splat instead of gracefully navigating the terrain. His ever so kind vet is not quite worried, speaking mostly of his advanced age (11). Slow walking will help his muscle development...so, I need to rapidly cool down so that we can wander the streets of our neighborhood without sweating and fainting in the swelter of summer.

No comments: