Monday, August 07, 2006

I threw myself into the rest of the mulching at G_'s house this evening, convincing her that it was exactly how she wanted to spend the evening. Two of her kids actually helped me, so the 20 bags I brought over were spread in a jiffy. I couldn't believe that I actually did not have enough to finish, but I did have enough to get the majority of the front bed done...the curb appeal is nearly done.

~~~~
I had a phone interview today for a position that has a description that is not quite to my skills, yet I believe that the discription should be different! The interviewer was in the process of telling me that he thought it just wasn't a good fit, when I asked if I could share the observations I had made after researching the organization on-line and through their collateral. When he asked for me to proceed, I rattled off four points, all the while hoping that he would not interrupt. When I was finished, he paused and then said it was an impressive display of analytical skills. He then gave me an appointment time for an in-person interview. I actually talked myself into an interview!

I very, very much would like this job...it is an admirable organization addressing the problem of dropouts on a national level...

No comments: