Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The P_ children have definitely been the fragrance of Christ in my life lately. Saturday, they presented me with my very own version of Up For Grabs, lovingly made by their hands. Each time I look at my beautiful purple floral bag sitting on my current makeshift desk, I want to weep with the kindness God shows to me through them.


~~~~
Three of them came over yesterday for games and a movie. I did manage to win Up For Grabs since the nearest competitor to my age was not yet twelve. However, I DID NOT win the rounds of Quorridor. Six year old G_ actually won the four way game. She is definitely showing signs of that wickedly awesome P_ intelligence. In the first game, she rather sneakily blocked several of my moves.


~~~~
The interview was...I would say...a B+ on my part. I did managed to demonstrate my abilities and what I could offer the organization even if I cannot check off all the of skills listed on the position with depth of experience. The VP was someone I could quickly come to admire, frank and talented and dedicated.


~~~~
I moved around Bird Central in an attempt to thwart those most determined squirrels in the back yard. The birds practically swirled around my head trying to understand what I was doing. They did not partake of my offerings after I was done, so perhaps they time to get used to the new arrangement.

The golden finches came back to the thistle feeder once I rehung it in the tree and a cardinal kept a sharp eye one the goings on from a safe distance. The mourning doves and three robins still enjoyed their baths in my fountain despite the hubba baloo in the back yard.

While I will never quite achieve the level of expertise my step-mother has in attracting birds to her yard, I have most definitely enjoyed all my avian companions this summer.

No comments: