Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Have you ever envisioned something and then have it actually turn out better than you had thought it could?

I have been laboring beneath the weight of having to come up with a display for an expo table at a very important vendor fair for virtually no money.

I did find this four panel set of display boards that are covered in practically the same gray fabric that lines all of our cubicles. After staring at it for a few days, I came up with the idea to create an agency cubicle. I figured that I could scrounge out desktop items from empty cubicles, set up a Power Point presentation to run on a flat panel display (with a disconnected keyboard and mouse resting before it), and set out collateral and give aways on the "desk."

I ordered a nameplate that had the program name on it. I also ordered some 8x10 photos and clipped them to the panels just as employees do on their cubicles. In addition, I created a framed version of our logo and tag line to hang in the center of the "cubicle." Finally, I put up three pieces of paper with agency message threads on them.

I know that this might be a poor description, but I surely received the feedback for which I was hoping as my co-workers saw the display today.

"Wow!"

I was hoping the end result would be creative and not cheesy. I must say that I absolutely hit the mark. Of course, I will be spending the next two weeks printing the collateral I need for the event, including chopping up several hundred bookmarks once they roll off the printer. Still, today I could be satisfied with a job well done.

No comments: