Friday, February 29, 2008

I found a job listing back in affordable housing doing exactly what I was before, a job where my diverse skill set would actually be an asset instead of something that sets people against me.

[Why is being multi-talented such a bad thing?]

I took nearly two weeks to gather my courage to apply.

[I have had too much rejection in the past two years.]

Some time after midnight, I sent off my cover letter, resume, and link to my online portfolio. When I awoke this morning, I found an email from the company asking me to call. I did, had a phone interview, and then was asked to come in for a second interview on Monday.

I am not crossing my fingers, though, about this job. I am trying not to hope because the hiring manager literally told me that she had been looking for someone just like me for months, that she despaired of finding one, and just extended an offer for a junior communications person as a part of a plan to parcel out the workload of the communications manager she needed. Still, she did ask me to interview in person.

I keep telling myself that if the Lord would like for me to escape my present job (and it would be an escape), then He will provide a means to do so.

Still...the thought of getting back to doing a job where I actually am allowed to do that job...ah the longing!

No comments: