Saturday, February 09, 2008

To be honest, I should admit that my Scrabble boast of a week ago is not longer valid. Alas, the last three games I have lost. The last was by one point, but the first two losses were by large amounts of points.

My ranking in the 700's for which I launched a most rigorous campaign did not last long. One more loss and I shall loose hold of the 600's.

B's post about the wins is most humorous. She notes that when my rank falls into the 500's, I become a pointmonger. I cannot argue with that. I go for the cheap points. You see, I will play "ha" in two directions where the "h" is on a triple letter square. That's a quick 25 points. Alas, the truth is that for all my love of great words, I find myself most often going for the cheap points. B will play great words, even if doing so means getting less than 10 points. I want two dozen or more points on every play possible. Okay, let's be real: I want to win every game.

I revel in playing B. She is so smart and so crafty with whatever 7 letters arise on her screen. Half the time I am playing her, I find myself marveling at her play. However, while I wish victory for my friend always, I would like that victory to somehow magically take place without my own defeat.

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

Completive, competitive, competitive!