Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The power went out at work this morning. It took over an hour for the powers that be to send us home. In my opinion, the fact that a tree took down the power line should have made the decision quite obvious. I certainly could do not work without phone or computer.

On the way home, I stopped by Target to purchase a gift for my nephew on behalf of my brother and stock up on some groceries in time for B's visit. You would think that since she will be here in just two more days that I might actually let her get some work around the house, but instead I sweet talked her into playing Scrabble for a second day in a row. I am rather greedy in that regard!

She won one game. I won another. That should be a good pattern, right? Well, it actually is not so much good for me as for her. With a higher ranking, she gains more points on her wins than do I. I did manage to scrape my way back into the 600's...barely.

While it was not a snow day, getting to leave at 12:30 was a pleasant surprise. A double dose of Scrabble made it quite a good day.

No comments: