Monday, February 04, 2008

I have despaired over this fact with B and W time and time again. At least I am not crying over it now. What fact? The reality of my existence: Nothing is ever easy. Nothing.

My mother offered to pay for three plumbing repairs that have been wanting in exchange for helping her with her website. I readily agreed, sought out recommendations for a plumber, and awoke at the ghastly hour of 7:00 this morning to open the door to company who had the most positive reference.

I am most pleased to report that the leak in my bathroom faucet is now repaired, allowing me to remove the mason jar that had been capturing the water so that it wouldn't be wasted. I am equally pleased to note that the outdoor faucet that suffered from the same problem now leaks no more. However, I am disheartened to report that, while the toilet is no longer leaking from the flapper, I can barely flush the handle and, when I manage to do so, there is this distressing whooshing, sucking sound at the end of the process.

I called the plumbing company to come back and repair the repair. The manager said he would talk with the plumber and call me back. That was 9:00 this morning. How long do I wait?

No comments: