Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I have spent the last three days at work trying to get a toner order fulfilled after being placed last week. The order is large, granted, but it is for a mass mailing about our next training session. This will be the fourth time I have done the mailing and the third time I ordered so many cartridges for our color printer. And yet...

And yet...someone stopped the order and then questioned it for days on end.

I very much dislike the fact that I have been reduced to arguing about toner for a mass mailing that I resent I must do.

I practically melted down when I was told that the order had finally been approved, but only for 4 cartridges, not 10. I was supposed to place another order when those were done. What??? Had I not already explained that I would blow through five the first day, one to replace the cyan which was empty and then a whole set with my print job. I had even told my boss that we would most likely need at least 4 if not 8 to return us back to having a set in the printer and a set on hand status.

I was supposed to be printing every day this week to get the materials ready for the volunteer who is coming on Monday. She only comes on Mondays. Next Monday is a holiday. And the mailing is due out now. I have to get those darned letters, labels, and fliers printed! All I could see was red, red because I knew I would need to print on the weekend unless I had very long days Thursday and Friday.

At the end of three contentious days, I have been told that the order should be here tomorrow afternoon...or definitely by Friday afternoon.

ARGH!!!

No comments: