Sunday, August 24, 2008

As great a day as yesterday was, today was not.

Mostly, this was because my 48 minute drive to Annapolis turned into a 3.5 hour drive home.

I spent over an hour getting back to 50, moving forward, come to find out, only because cars were bailing off the on-ramp. At the very last second, I did the same...thankfully so since the highway was shut down in both directions.

Then I drove around for 45 minutes telling Magellan to route me any way BUT on 50.

Finally, I told it to NOT use highways. That meant nearly 2 hours of driving to go 37 miles.

I was in agony. I was exhausted. I was NOT loving living in this region.

This afternoon was supposed to be set aside to clean the house for my mother's arrival and then get some contract done in the evening. I only managed to get a small piece of the latter completed.

The couch was calling me something fierce...

No comments: