Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Some of the most loving words I have heard lately: Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Ah, D is such an eloquent person! Actually, she was trying to tell me that I should accept her compliments on my writing and teaching and coaching skills.

Speaking of love, B is off vacationing with her family for three weeks. I am going through a bit of withdrawal. However, it is not as bad as it could be. For my dear friend filled my voice mail with songs and has found a way to text me from the road. Tonight, at an expense that I shudder to consider, she called from the road, Kansas or Nebraska or something. Despite the fact that she is on just a prepaid cell phone or maybe it is a pay as you go or something else not the most economical, the call was leisurely lovely--apart from the traffic noise and calls from the children and other distractions.

I heard about the disasters that have been chasing them ever since they have set out on the road, delighting in the humor with which she spoke her chagrin at their inability to pack up all that is with them each time they stop. Seriously, they shall have possessions spread across a thousand rest stations and restaurants and stores between Pennsylvania and Colorado by the time their trip is over at the rate they are going. I could just see her smile.

I spoke to Cousin D just as he was walking in the door from a two-day business trip, nattering for well over an hour. The kind man that he is patiently listened to my tales of the latest episodes of Farscape I have viewed of late and the Dr Who season finale when science fiction has no place in his technology world. I can barely understand some of his tales from his work, even though IT interests me. A mighty brilliant mind. One certainly not to be tainted by my talk of television. Yet he listened.

Pipes+ Songs+Ears=Love.

No comments: